Monday, July 7, 2008

Sciopero

Sciopero. The Italian word for "strike". As in, the workers went on strike because they wanted higher wages. And that is just what happened today. It was my first day of class and there was a strike for all the busses and trains, so I had to take a taxi to get to school...but you know, that's part of the adventure, right? Strikes. Scioperi. So normal for Italy.

The class was great and there are alot of fun people taking the course with me...everyone is mostly from America, one from Canada, and one from Croatia. This course is very informative, alot of work, but a lot of fun! (think of a semester long master's course crammed into 4 weeks)

And I am already seeing how I can apply a lot of this information into my ESL classes this coming school year. And definitely see how this will help me create better English lessons when I go down in teach in Ecuador next summer.

Stay tuned for more....Next Wednesday I start my first day of student teaching!

2 comments:

J n Texas said...

Miss you Chi-Chi Bomb!
Call me when you get your horse bact to its Texas coral! Baci Julio Gallo

Gina Rose said...

"Sciopero... Mi piace..." (to the tune of Mammara) - Gina :)